Monday, September 14, 2009

Ping Pong Ball!

Boing Boing boing!

That would be only one of the body movements and feelings of enjoyment that came with the result of our race on Saturday.
WOW!
Event: US Championships for Outrigger Canoeing
Start: Newport Beach California
paddle 27 miles
Finish: Avalon, Catalina Island

We won! 4 hours 8 minutes

I had a vision: and it was a win...I felt it for days before the event, I felt the morning of, and I felt it the entire race! (I kept it inside, telling no one...I just have this strong notion and feeling that I couldn't put into words)
I have some of my favorite race moments here is one: I asked my teammates to hold their paddles up overhead when we crossed the line at the finish...it was purely to complete my vision! They did, and my vision was complete. WOW! The feeling of completing a vision is amazing! There are no words for that either...totally blew me away.

I had my epiphany about Team (last post here on blog) and it is a good read, and would rewrite it again for today...could not have done it without the amazing , push, presence and tenacity of each girl on the team. That, again, is what makes it so much fun!

No comments: