Friday, July 24, 2009

Roller Coaster

Some days are GREAT, some days are not-so-great....I know, I know...I am not telling you anything new.

Luckily, there are some very strong people (full of wisdom peeps) in my life who continually remind me that life is a ride, and sometimes the roller coaster is bigger then at other times...the climb to the top seems audacious and huge, and other times the ride down the other side is exciting and can be QUICK!

Today, I cannot lie, I am on the scoop at the bottom, I went up, I went down, and have covered a few little "rollers" this week...some of the "flats" if you will.

My peeps have reminded me that the little ups and downs I am on, are temporary, they are not permanent...they are there....and the good news: everything is okay, and going to be okay.

I am grateful for feelings...because if I didn't feel them, then I would be NUMB...and I don't want to do life NUMB! So feeling up or down, sad or mad, elated or exhausted...no matter, they are part of systems that my body came with....I strive for the "feel good" stuff...but today, not-so-much.

Funny thing, we are headed to the Fair tonight, and the roller coaster will be there! This time I am just riding to set myself free while go up and down!

No comments: